Sunday, December 1, 2013

Gingerbread House layout

ARCHI-SCRAPS - DECEMBER 2013

The inspiration pic this month is the house below. It is called a Gingerbread House. The extra criteria is Christmas.




As it happens, last year was the first year that I made a gingerbread house. I should say assembled really because I bought the house pieces from Ikea. All I had to do was make royal icing and arrange lollies on it. It wasn't a superior effort on my behalf but I'm going to have another go this year. I've bought a bigger one from Coles already. Damon can eat this one as well as it is dairy free.

Back to the layout. I used the cream colour of the house and the foilage on the right hand corners as my inspiration.  From there I chose the other papers because the boys were wearing pink hats, one pp was of gingerbread houses and the other one was camping but looked like Christmas trees and I wanted to add a little blue. I added a blue semi-circle sticker because of the porch treatments on the house. I've added some nice G45 chipboard pieces and made a pinwheel.

Our December prize from Scrapping Clearly. These are Heidi Swapp words,flower centres and chevron bags. http://www.scrappingclearly.com.au/ please check out her website and she is the biggest stockist of Heidi Swapp products in Australia.  You can't win unless you enter so go to http://archiscraps.blogspot.com.au/ to put in your entry. Good luck!

4 comments:

  1. This LO is so pretty!!! GREAT JOB!!

    Blessings ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-clever title! Love how you adapted some themed elements outside of their theme :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous Dale and great that your son can enjoy eating it too. Thanks for visiting Counterfeit Kits. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE making gingerbread houses, it's one of my favorite holiday traditions. Great job on this layout - love all the pink!

    ReplyDelete