Saturday, May 11, 2013

Entry for FWAB's May challenge




I created this layout entitled "Us" today for Flourish With A Bling's May challenge, which is to use buttons and bling. Their DT's examples (see here) this month were amazing. Well done to them.

I started with the frame page and used a cardboard stencil, not a scrappy one, just one I had kept from a game where the pieces were punched out. It left a great square template. I painted inside the squares with a sage colour I mixed up. I decided to create a tree with my buttons. I've used FWAB's Lee's Tree (I love that name). I have cut some self-adhesive tape to create the "leaves" and a matching one to go underneath the base of the tree. Then I've added my buttons on top. I've also used FWAB's Trent's Fence, some Creative Memories Nancy O'dell Gratitude series photo mats and embellishments, some K&Co glitter stickers and Kaisercraft flowers.

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. Totally love that tree with the tape and the buttons!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete