Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Cricket Kit layout

Good morning all. My guys have all gone off to the Test Match at the WACA, again. Nice and peaceful here so I'm taking time to enjoy my scrapping in peace.

This morning I've created a layout about cricket. There you go, can't get away from it. My son Mark got a brand new bat and a thigh pad for his 11th birthday last year. I've made this page for his album.

I've made this for 2 challenges. There is a new blog called Daring You To Scrap. It's Australian and the January challenge marks there very first one. You had to use paper scraps to make your own background. I've got a nice little pile of scraps on my table so I used them in this layout. The only items that were not scraps are the chipboard and the alphas. Everything else was scrap.

I've also entered this layout for Challenge 3 at Red Earth Scrapping which was to use the word new, plus a bonus item which I figured out was twine. I've wrapped two bits of twine around the N in New in the title.

I've used paint on the chipboard cricket title. What a cute little guy. Here is a close up and then the layout.



3 comments:

  1. Oh Dale you used up those scraps brilliantly!! thanks for taking up the Dare!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came on by from 'Bird'.... I love what you've done here - it's such a strong boy LO... really neat:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally know what you mean about not being able to get away from cricket Dale...LOL
    Love your take on the challenge..thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete